SHARJAH MEDIA CITY (SHAMS)
Sharjah Media City (Shams) was launched in January 2017 to act as a catalyst for creative and media businesses to grow and thrive. Aiming to be a world-class media hub for innovative facilities and services, Shams covers a wide range of business activities available for those wishing to embark on their entrepreneurial journey in the UAE.
SHAMS vision is to be a world-class hub for media and creativity in the region. Our mission is to make creative entrepreneurship accessible and inspire business growth. We foster a vibrant and connected ecosystem for innovators to live, learn and co-create.
- 100% import and export tax exemption
- 100% foreign ownership
- 100% corporate/ personal income tax exemption
- 100% repatriation of capital and profits
- Eligibility for residence visa
3. TYPES OF LICENSES
- Trading License – Selling goods within Shams or importing and exporting of goods and includes movement of goods, wholesale and retail sale of goods and rendering of services related to the sale of these goods
- Service License – allows for production, re-production, transformation and distribution of services, rendering services as a primary objective and utilizing goods to provide them
- Industrial License – allows for production, re-production, transformation and manufacturing of goods
- Holding License- allows holding standalone assets and/or stakes in other companies. You would require a holding company for controlling other company(ies), property such as real estate, patents, trademarks, stock and other assets. However, this license is sold exclusively through their Registered Agents like Creative Zone, PRO Desk, etc.
- Dedicated Desk – an assigned space for individuals wishing to run their business close to like-minded entrepreneurs
- Shared Desk – is a common space shared by creative entrepreneurs. It’s ideal for today’s entrepreneurs seeking flexible space and networking opportunities.
- Dedicated Office – is an assigned lockable office space used on an individual basis. Ranging from a single desk space to possibly a group of desks, a dedicated office offers a private working environment while boosting collaboration among the members of the company.
- Shared Office – facility allows companies registered within Shams to network, creating more opportunities for businesses
If you wish to have further information on Sharjah Media City or any other free zones in the UAE, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for a consultation meeting with one of our corporate team.