SHARJAH AIRPORT INTERNATIONAL FREE ZONE (SAIF-Zone)
The Sharjah Airport International Free Zone (SAIF-Zone) jurisdiction boasts of more than 5,145 companies from only 55 since its inception in 1995.This jurisdiction is undoubtedly fast becoming the more popular choice amongst business ventures in the UAE, primarily due to its strategic location being easily accessible to seaports on the Indian Ocean (Port KhorFakkan), the Arabian Gulf (Port Khalid) and adjacent to the Sharjah International Airport. Investors therefore have access to the East and West Coasts. It is a hub that offers excellent sea, land and air transport links with access to over two billion consumers across the GCC, the CIS, Asian sub-continent, parts of Africa, the Mediterranean and Europe.
From a mere 55 companies in 1995 (when it became fully operational), SAIF-Zone is now home to more than 5500 companies. Covering a wide cross-section, they include some of the biggest names in the fields of manufacturing, trading, IT services, media, consumer durables and a host of others.
- 100% import and export tax exemption
- 100% foreign ownership
- 100% corporate/ personal income tax exemption
- 100% repatriation of capital and profits
- No customs duties, assessments or tolls
- Eligibility for residence visa
3. TYPES OF LICENSES:
- Trade License
- Commercial License – Import, Export, Distribution, consolidation, storage or warehousing of items speciﬁc in the license with a maximum limit of three in similar product lines
- General Trading license – can be obtained under a commercial license which allows a large number of products
- Service License – allows the holder to carry out service speciﬁed in the license only. All type of services is allowed unless otherwise restricted by the Federal or local authorities
- Industrial License – Import of raw materials, manufacturing, processing, assembling, packaging and exporting the ﬁnished product
- SAIF offices – private room unfurnished including all utility charges
- Executive offices – fully- furnished offices with electricity, water, air conditioning and parking area given free of charge
- SAIF Industrial Park- with a minimum plot size 2500 sqm .and a grace period of 6 months for construction
- Land on Lease- for investors keen to build their own factories – with a minimum plot size 2500 sqm .and a grace period of 6 months for construction
- Warehouses – pre-built and temporary options available -high quality insulated warehouses and can be used for storage and distribution or for assembling and packaging or even for light and medium industry use
- Container parking area- parking area for containers (20 feet or 40 feet) is provided for the investor on monthly or yearly basis
- Labour accommodation – on-site provision for the accommodation of male and female labourers and includes 82 well-designed buildings, built to accommodate over 14,500 junior staff
If you wish to have further information on SAIF-Zone or any other free zones in the UAE, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for a consultation meeting with one of our corporate team.