JEBEL ALI FREE ZONE AUTHORITY (JAFZA)
Jebel Ali Free Zone Authority (JAFZA) was established in 1985. Being one of the world’s largest and the fastest growing free zones, it is a leading driver of the burgeoning UAE economy. It has a business climate where ambitions of an investor have opportunities to grow to any length. JAFZA has successfully been attracting investors in all business sectors from all over the world by sheer force of its unique value added offerings and propositions.
It is the leading business hub of the Middle East and it focuses on long-term customer relationships and foster alliances with global investors by providing them with world class infrastructure supported with value-added services and incentives. JAFZA’s deep commitment to service excellence has enabled it to gain ISO 9001:2000 certification in 1996, making it the world’s first ISO certified free zone.
JAFZA stands for innovation, customer centricity, transparent operations and entrepreneurial dynamism and has an impeccable track record. JAFZA has a vibrant networking atmosphere where new relationships and opportunities present themselves with refreshing regularity.
- 100% foreign ownership
- 100% import and export tax exemption
- 100% corporate/ personal income tax exemption
- 100% repatriation of capital and profits
- No customs duties, assessments or tolls
- Eligibility for obtaining resident visa
- Support service from Dubai Ports Authority’s two modern terminal
- In-house e-business support “Dubai Trade Portal”
- On-site chamber of commerce, international banks, insurance companies, consultancies, etc
- Access to abundant energy makes it viable for investors to make production
- An entity that has built its own facility may mortgage its premises to a bank or finance company for some of its debts or liabilities
3. TYPES OF LICENSES:
- Trading License- To carry out trading activities
- Industrial License- To carry out manufacturing activities
- Service License- To carry out services activities
- E-commerce License- To carry out buying and selling of goods and services over electronic networks via any electronic means
- National Industrial License- To carry out manufacturing activities at least 51% of the ownership is of national(s) of a GCC country
- Innovation License- To carry out development if new products and services
- Standard Warehouse: offers pre-built facilities for warehouses and factories to investors to meet their needs for high quality storage and light manufacturing. These warehouses are thermally insulated purpose-built units available on a rental basis and are fitted with office space
- Build-to-suit Warehouse: customized as per the investor’s specifications
- Offices: lease any area of office space as desired, from a floor in a high rise to an entire building
- Office space can be tailored to suit the specific requirements of the businesses with value-added features like payer room, 24-hour security with CCTV, broadband internet and telephone ready, amenities, common / covered/ open parking facilities, etc.
- JAFZA One: is JAFZA’s flagship commercial property, a premium ‘one-stop-shop’ business facility, designed to satisfy a comprehensive range of corporate requirements, with the Hotel – a luxury accommodation of 320-rooms, 11 conference and meeting rooms, convention centre and exhibition hall, and a 600-seat auditorium that can be divided into two separate smaller venues
- Land: ready infrastructure plots of various sizes to construct one’s own facilities such as warehouses, factories or offices
- On-site residential: an accommodation within JAFZA which is provided for company employees that are established within the zone. Its proximity and facilities such as recreational activities, supermarkets and restaurants provide an ideal environment for the investor and his employees
If you wish to have further information on JAFZA or any other free zones in the UAE, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for a consultation meeting with one of our corporate team.