DUBAI INTERNET CITY (DIC)
Established in 2000, Dubai Internet City (DIC) has emerged as Middle East and North Africa’s largest Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Business Park. Its numbers have swollen to become a host to local and international companies.
The global ICT giants like Facebook, LinkedIn, Google, Dell, Microsoft, Oracle Corporation, Tata Consultancy, SAP, HP, IBM, Dell, Siemens, Canon, Logica, Sony Ericsson, Schlumberger and Cisco, as well as many small and medium enterprises and entrepreneurial ventures are based in DIC. The ICT cluster in Dubai Internet City comprises companies from sectors like software development, business services, e-commerce, consultancy and sales and marketing.
DIC is regulated by an independent government body, Dubai Creative Clusters Authority (‘DCCA’) which is responsible for the establishment and registration of companies in the free zone. DCCA develops and implements transparent regulations, in accordance with international standards, which ensure that the companies operating in the free zone can compete effectively and globally.
- 100% foreign ownership
- 100% import and export tax exemption
- 100% corporate/ personal income tax exemption
- 100% repatriation of capital and profits
- No customs duties, assessments or tolls
- Eligibility for a residence visa
- Digital voice and high speed data service offered at competitive rates
- Metro Ethernet environment
- Communications infrastructure based on next-generation technologies
3. TYPES OF LICENSES
- Commercial License
- Freelance Permit – offers the ability to operate as a freelance professional. The Permit identifies the investor as a sole practitioner and enables him to conduct business in his birth name as opposed to a brand name
- Commercial office: state of the art commercial offices, suited for all business types having an innovative design that offers easy communication between the operational, administration and decision-making entities of the business- and has over 25 buildings- with low-rise, mid-rise and high-rise options to choose from
- Land: offers tailored land plots for both sale and lease in areas with infrastructural provisions of road, power, water, telecommunications and sewerage. DIC’s land offerings give businesses the flexibility of designing and constructing office spaces exactly the way they need
- First Steps Business Centre- are short-term and long-term office space leasing arrangements with minimum commitment and sunk costs, minimizing the costs associated with entering a new market and has flexible spaces with great amenities that businesses need
- Conference facilities: offers a variety of modern meeting and conference room facilities. Out venues setting are perfectly suited for senior executive meetings, work lunches, training, conferences, etc.
If you wish to have further information on DIC or any other free zones in the UAE, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com to arrange for a consultation meeting with one of our corporate team.